The Community Reinforcement and Family Training Model also known as (CRAFT) is a program developed by psychologist Robert Meyers.
The Model Teaches:
Non-substance users and non-using concerned others, also known as (CSO), are viewed as a positive and active force for change within the family. Concerned others are collaborators in the treatment process.
The Skills Learned Are:
- Create a safety plan for domestic violence
- Understand what leads to substance abuse episodes (functional
- Behavioral skills including communication skills.
- Positive reinforcement for non drinking/using behavior.
- Reinforce rewards for non using behavior based on person’s personal goals and values.
- Time out from positive reinforcement for drinking/using behavior.
- Allow natural consequences for drinking/using.
- Develop reinforcers for concerned other and the person misusing substances.
- Give effective suggestions of treatment/self-help group involvement for the drinker or substance user if he/she relapses.
If you are interested in attending a seven week psycho educational group that teaches these principles please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org