Making sense of complex and post traumatic stress injury.
Making Sense of Trauma Group is back by popular demand.
Every Wednesday evening starting
October 11th from 7:00pm – 8:30pm for seven weeks.
There are six seats available with the possibility of another group running on Thursday’s should the group fill up fast.
- An educational skills building group for those who are interested in learning how to contain distressing symptoms caused by past traumatic events or PTSD like symptoms.
- In this seven week closed group you will learn how traumatic experiences affect the nervous system, and brain.
- You will learn types of treatment available.
- You will learn the difference between complex developmental trauma and PTSD.
- You will learn skills to manage and reduce distressing symptoms, i.e. dissociation (zoning out) anger, avoidance of people or places, mood swings, hypersensitivity to sounds, attention difficulty, and anxiety.
- Have you experienced a traumatic incident in your past?
- Do you struggle to leave your home?
- Do you find yourself over reacting to situations in your life?
- Do you avoid relationships?
- Are you sensitive to noise or certain sounds?
- Do you take dangerous risks just to feel alive?
- Do you have trouble trusting people?
- Do you self harm?
- Do you find yourself dissociating?
- Do you feel numb or cut off from others?
- Do you have flash backs of the traumatic incident or incidents?
- Do you have difficulty sleeping because of nightmares?
- Do you believe that the world is an unsafe place?
- Do you find yourself abusing alcohol or substances to deal with some of these distressing symptoms?
280.00 per person ( 40.00 a week).
Please contact me if you are on disability and cannot afford the price shown.
- Please note: Clients only
- If you are a practicing health care professional, I will be running a group for professionals in the winter.
- Facilitated by Crystal Arber See Bio
- Contact 604 340 4529
Crystal Arber: Individual Youth and Family Counselling – Psycho educational group
Seven week psycho educational skills group about trauma. Please contact Crystal before paying so you can be guaranteed a seat before registering.