I offer intensive EMDR sessions for three hours five days a week for operational stress injuries for First Responders and Veterans. I offer this one week out the month.
I am a Veteran Affairs provider.
Health Care professionals
Please contact me for more information
EMDR helps eliminate triggers that remind you of past traumatic events. Review, release, and re orientate.
(Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
EMDR helps with:
- First Responders/ Military
- Combat Clusters
- Occupational Stress
- Operational Stress Injuries
- Childhood Trauma/Sexual and Physical Abuse
- Dissociative symptoms
- Complex P.T.S.D
- Relationship difficulties
- Behaviour problems
- Work related challenges
- Marriage Difficulty
- Grief and Loss
- Eating Disorders
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing is well-known and empirically supported for its successful treatment of post traumatic stress disorder. Studies are also showing EMDR to be efficacious for complex trauma ( child hood abuse) as well as anxiety and substance use problems. Recently EMDR was endorsed by the World Health Organization as a modality that should be considered as one of the treatment protocols for trauma. http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2013/trauma_mental_health_20130806/en/
Seven week skills based psycho educational group that reviews how trauma affects the brain and nervous system.
Making sense of complex and post traumatic stress injury.
Making Sense of Trauma Group is back by popular demand.
Every Wednesday evening starting
October 11th from 7:00pm – 8:30pm for seven weeks.
There are six seats available with the possibility of another group running on Thursday’s should the group fill up fast.
- An educational skills building group for those who are interested in learning how to contain distressing symptoms caused by past traumatic events or PTSD like symptoms.
- In this seven week closed group you will learn how traumatic experiences affect the nervous system, and brain.
- You will learn types of treatment available.
- You will learn the difference between complex developmental trauma and PTSD.
- You will learn skills to manage and reduce distressing symptoms, i.e. dissociation (zoning out) anger, avoidance of people or places, mood swings, hypersensitivity to sounds, attention difficulty, and anxiety.
- Have you experienced a traumatic incident in your past?
- Do you struggle to leave your home?
- Do you find yourself over reacting to situations in your life?
- Do you avoid relationships?
- Are you sensitive to noise or certain sounds?
- Do you take dangerous risks just to feel alive?
- Do you have trouble trusting people?
- Do you self harm?
- Do you find yourself dissociating?
- Do you feel numb or cut off from others?
- Do you have flash backs of the traumatic incident or incidents?
- Do you have difficulty sleeping because of nightmares?
- Do you believe that the world is an unsafe place?
- Do you find yourself abusing alcohol or substances to deal with some of these distressing symptoms?
280.00 per person ( 40.00 a week).
Please contact me if you are on disability and cannot afford the price shown.
- Please note: Clients only
- If you are a practicing health care professional, I will be running a group for professionals in the winter.
- Facilitated by Crystal Arber See Bio
- Contact 604 340 4529
Crystal Arber: Individual Youth and Family Counselling – Psycho educational group
Seven week psycho educational skills group about trauma. Please contact Crystal before paying so you can be guaranteed a seat before registering.
Source: Dr. Mike Evans: The Brain