- Crystal graduated from the University of British Columbia with a masters degree in social work. She is registered with the BC College of Social Workers. Crystal is a certified EMDR therapist and an approved consultant in training. She is an active member of consulting EMDR (Eye movement desensitization reprocessing) group. She is also the Regional Coordinator for EMDR for Vancouver.
- She has over fifteen years experience working with youth, families, and adults within the private and the mental health continuum for public health care. She has a strong background in addictions treatment, prevention, and has worked as a clinician, team leader, and educator for mental health.Her area of expertise is the treatment of complex trauma and PTSD using EMDR.
- She has worked on the Downtown East side of Vancouver, Canada’s poorest postal code, and has pioneered the use of EMDR with Concurrent Disordered clients, a population previously thought to be too unstable to benefit.She has empowered these clients to manage their most severe PTSD symptoms through a psycho-educational and skills-based group called Making Sense of Trauma. The groups success led to over 100 graduates in three years.
- Crystal is also an educator and has facilitated workshops about Trauma Informed Practice in both the public and private sectors. She was a guest speaker at St Paul’s Psychiatric Rounds Department, UBC School of Social Work, as well as primary care clinics in Vancouver Coastal Health.
- She currently works as an EMDR therapist at the BCOSI clinic treating PTSD for military and Emergency Responders.
- BC Association of Social Workers
- Registered Member of the BC College of Social Workers
- Member of EMDR Canada
- Member of EMDRIA
- Certified EMDR Therapist
- Advanced EMDR and Early Trauma Protocol Katie O’shea
- Advanced EMDR Addictions DeTUR- EMDRIA
- Advanced Utilization of EMDR with trauma and dissociative symptoms – EMDR Institute
- Advanced EMDR Dissociation: Looking Through the Eyes ( Online Distance Certification). Sandra Paulsen PhD
- CPT on- line Training course for Cognitive Processing Therapy
- CBT Essentials – Association of Psychology Therapies
- DBT Validation and Chain Analysis- Behavior Institute
- Gottman Couples online certification
- Julie Gottman PTSD couples counselling
- Safe Conversations From Conflict to Connection (IMAGO)
- Group Therapy: A live Demonstration Victor Yalom PhD
- IMAGO workshop Getting The Love You Want ( Couples)
- Emotional freedom Therapy for couples certification.
- Relational Therapy for marriage and couples.
Occasionally people will ask me if I use specific therapeutic techniques. Here is a list of some of the counselling modalities I have used or use:
Trauma PTSD and Complex PTSD Modalities
- EMDR Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing
- Cognitive Processing Therapy
- Cognitive Behavior therapy for Trauma
- DBT Dialectic Behavior Therapy
- Ego State
- Internal Family Systems
- Trauma Education
- PTSD therapy for couples
- Solutions Focused
- Imago and Crucible theory for couples
- Gottman couples therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Addictions including EMDR DeTUR Protocol
- Family Systems
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- Adlerian Family Theory
- Existential/ Vikto Frankl
- Dream analysis
- Adlerian: mistaken goals/lifestyle assessment
- Grief and Loss
To book an appointment please call Crystal 604 340 4529