Family Counselling -North Vancouver
Families I work with:
- Parents in power struggles with teens
- Parents with youth who are struggling with substance use
- Parents kids who continue negative behaviours
- Children who have experienced trauma
- Parents with kids who are seeking negative attention
- Parents with kids who struggle with anxiety
- Parents with kids who have given up or lack self-esteem
- Parents of kids who are bullied
- A parent who has PTSD
- Parents with complex trauma in their histories.
- Parents who are survivors of an alcoholic or dysfunctional family system.
What you can expect in Family Therapy
I will work with members within your family system. I will motivate each family member to work together through a process that will encourage leadership and differentiation. I work with the family to encourage youth to develop logical consequences for their own negative behaviours, I also teach leadership strategies for parents, as well as strengthen the family system through democratic principles. I foster family strengths already in place, as well as, identify family patterns by examining multi-generational patterns. Ultimately, I help family members differentiate so that they can achieve personal goals as well as maintain balance within their family system.
My background includes extensive work with at-risk youth within the mental health and education system, as well as working with PTSD in marriage and families. I also provide consulting for parents who have youth involved with the mental health and substance use system.
I draw on Adlerian principles, as well as the STEP model for parenting. I also use Family Systems theory, principles of ACOA, and Alanon to help families differentiate.
p.603 340 4529