- Crystal graduated from the University of British Columbia with a masters degree in social work. She is registered with the BC College of Social Workers and a registered clinical counsellor through the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors. Crystal is a certified EMDR therapist and an Approved EMDR consultant. She is an active member of consulting EMDR (Eye movement desensitization reprocessing) group. She is also the Regional Coordinator for EMDR for Vancouver.
- She has over twenty years of experience working with youth, families, and adults within the private and the mental health continuum for public health care. She has a strong background in addictions treatment, prevention, and has worked as a clinician, team leader, and educator for mental health. Her area of expertise is the treatment of complex trauma and PTSD using EMDR.
- She has worked on the Downtown Eastside of Vancouver, Canada’s poorest postal code, and has pioneered the use of EMDR with Concurrent Disordered clients, a population previously thought to be too unstable to benefit. She has empowered these clients to manage their most severe PTSD symptoms through a psycho-educational and skills-based group called Making Sense of Trauma. The group’s success led to over 100 graduates in three years.
- Crystal is also an educator and has facilitated workshops about Trauma-Informed Practice in both the public and private sectors. She was a guest speaker at St Paul’s Psychiatric Rounds Department, UBC School of Social Work, as well as primary care clinics in Vancouver Coastal Health.
- She worked as an EMDR therapist at the BCOSI clinic treating PTSI for military and Emergency Responders as well as works with families and couples.
- She is used an intensive EMDR template (Four days of three-hour sessions) for treating the post-traumatic injury with First Responders and Military as well an EMDR consultant in training for the BC OSI Veteran Affairs clinic.
- BC Association of Social Workers
- BC Association of Clinical Counsellors
- Registered Member of the BC College of Social Workers
- Registered Clinical Counsellor
- Member of International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
- Member of EMDR Canada
- Member of EMDRIA
- Certified EMDR Therapist
- Approved EMDR Consultant
- Advanced EMDR and Early Trauma Protocol Katie O’shea
- Advanced EMDR Addictions DeTUR- EMDRIA
- Advanced Utilization of EMDR with trauma and dissociative symptoms – EMDR Institute
- Advanced EMDR Dissociation: Looking Through the Eyes ( Online Distance Certification). Sandra Paulsen PhD
- CPT online Training course for Cognitive Processing Therapy
- CBT for Depression Anxiety, OCD and Panic Disorder- Beck Institute
- DBT Validation and Chain Analysis- Behaviour Institute
- DBT Skills Training – Behaviour Institute
- Gottman Couples online certification
- Julie Gottman PTSD couples counselling
- Safe Conversations From Conflict to Connection (IMAGO)
- Group Therapy: A live Demonstration Victor Yalom PhD
- Group Process Therapy Facilitator
- IMAGO workshop Getting The Love You Want ( Couples)
- Emotional freedom Therapy for couples certification.
- Relational Therapy Level One and Two for marriage and couples.
Occasionally people will ask me if I use specific therapeutic techniques. Here is a list of some of the counselling modalities I have used or use:
Trauma PTSD and Complex PTSD Modalities
- EMDR Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing
- Cognitive Behaviour therapy for trauma and anxiety including exposure treatment
- DBT Dialectic Behavior Therapy
- Ego State- for dissociative problems
- Internal Family Systems
- Trauma Education – group work and workshops
- PTSD therapy for couples
- Familiar with police systems- and treating PTSD for police and first responders.
- Experience working with Veterans and Treating PTSD
- Relational Couples Therapy
- Level one and Level Two RLT Relational Therapy
- Addictions including EMDR DeTUR Protocol
- Family Systems
- Adlerian Family Theory
- Adlerian: mistaken goals/lifestyle assessment
- Attachment theory
To book an appointment please call Crystal 604 340 4529